Handslaw LLP are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Handslaw LLP of Third Floor, Dewsbury Business Centre, 13 Wellington Road, Dewsbury WF13 1HF ("We/Our/Us").
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.handslaw.co.uk ("our Site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, using our legal services, posting material (such as your Curriculum Vitae or details of your legal requirements) or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Information that you provide by way of correspondence.
- Information that you provide by way of surveys that we send to you for research purposes
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of services to you, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to the transfer, storing or processing as referred to in this policy. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us,.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To notify you of developments in the law and of the articles we have recently written that may be of interest to you.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about our additional services that may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or email. If you do not wish us to receive such information from us, please let us know by email to email@example.com.
We will not pass your data to third parties without your permission.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of, our clients or personnel. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In order to provide you with a consistently high level of service we do make use of certain reputable suppliers such as couriers, technology providers and document production service providers. Where it is appropriate to do so acting in the ordinary course of our legal practice, we may disclose some information to these suppliers.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
When you visit our Site for the first time we ask for permission to place a cookie on your computer or device and refer you to this policy.
How can you block cookies?
You may change your website browser settings to reject cookies, although please note that if you do this it may affect your use of our Site.
How do I opt out of Google Analytics?
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Should you have any questions, please contact us by email email@example.com.